Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Typepoint Fontface

Once again just a wee update— I started to collect fonts for those credits in yesterday’s post. The actual names will be in my handwriting (written on the cups), but I’m still not sure what the title card (name of movie) and credits themselves should look like.

My analysis in that Credits Research post was pretty context-based (what’s happening around the credits, not the text itself), but maybe that’s kind of the point; to an extent, the typeface isn’t meant to be noticed. When it is, it can be a means of developing the film’s personality; I thought something artsy/visibly quirky (highly graphic, maybe vaguely retro) would fit both Audrey and Veda, whose dynamic define the tone of "Matcha."


I'm not sure whether I need the title card and credits to be in the same font, but here's the running list. If I don't, I'll probably look for simpler ones that scale down more nicely, but who knows. Something tells me that meticulously researching typefaces when I don't even have a complete shooting schedule is unwise, but doing things in a weird order is better than not doing them, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Omniscient robot assistant, play "I Know the End" by Phoebe Bridgers

Final bow. See my CCR on Drive. Matcha love. <3