Monday, February 21, 2022

Building Interest Through Pinterest: Character Planning

The characters are growing less one-dimensional by the minute.

Costume Ideas:

I have part of Audrey’s costume! I’m going to put the actor in my old pink Warby Parkers. For one, I love the opposite-color-coding-but-meant-to-be-together trope (one character is in floral pastels and the other is in moody gem tones, one character is mostly seen in white, the other in black, etc.-- see previous post), and based on my current conception of Audrey and UNNAMED LOVE INTEREST, it makes sense for Audrey to be in warm colors (reds and pinks for blushy/romantic/passionate) and UNNAMED LOVE INTEREST to be in greens (down-to-earth, representing peace/harmony, real = natural = nature is green, but also real = genuine = genuinely interested/loving)

Plus, Audrey is the MC of a coming-of-age film. Those characters are often marked by earnestness brushing up against naivety, so it would be pretty appropriate to have her quite literally look at the world through rose-colored glasses.

​​

Visualization:

I’ve begun to hone in on the characters’ vibes by sifting through the Mecca of visual inspiration, Pinterest. See my boards for Audrey and UNNAMED LOVE INTEREST:

UNNAMED LOVE INTEREST

AUDREY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Omniscient robot assistant, play "I Know the End" by Phoebe Bridgers

Final bow. See my CCR on Drive. Matcha love. <3