Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Misc Planning Update

Breaking News: The Love Interest Has a Name

  • As fun as it was to write out “UNNAMED LOVE INTEREST” every time I needed to refer to that character, I’ve officially landed on Veda.
  • The more fricative sound of “Veda” contrasts nicely with the liquid “Audrey” (consonant versus vowel, the more percussive name belongs to the bolder character, etc.)
  • It's vaguely earthy-sounding (probably not etymologically related to “verdant” or “Venus,” but for whatever reason I associate the “veda” sound with lushness/grenness)-- see previous post’s character design notes on why MC’s love interest is green-coded
  • It also doesn’t hurt that a common nickname for Venus is the “planet of love”

The start of storyboard draft #1: 



I have fulfilled my role as casting director:

The figures in my imagination of the story are no longer featureless blobs, as I have actors! Well, actor. My friend Camille Esin has agreed to play Veda (see below), which is exciting. Also, for the sake of ~streamlining logistics,~ I’ll just play Audrey myself. That's one fewer person to get in the right place at the right time, plus, I don’t have to give anyone a headache by putting them in my glasses. Having a cast also means I can start playing with costume options without the threat of getting something totally ill-fitting (i.e., knowing who your actors are means knowing what size clothes could work). Speaking of, I have plans to visit a couple of thrift stores to see if I can find some pieces that match the afore-blogged-about Pinterest boards. If all goes well, my next post will show the fruits of that labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Omniscient robot assistant, play "I Know the End" by Phoebe Bridgers

Final bow. See my CCR on Drive. Matcha love. <3