Monday, March 21, 2022

Full Steam Ahead

Car scene status: fully shot, uploaded into Premier, I've started rough chunking/sorting but not exactly detailed editing. Here was my Notes app report:

"just got home from filming the car scene. i have no idea how my phone didn’t overheat as i was obliterating its storage in a 90° car (thanks, buddy). shouts out to my grandma for letting me borrow an old watch. also i guess audrey is canonically a samsung user bc i couldn’t use my phone as a prop and camera at the same time

in reviewing the shots i’m honestly not sure what changed between them/why i decided to take another one? but i imagine that i’ll be grateful for it later (right now it just means there’s more to mill through, not the end of the world)"



 (The "more" in "more to mill through")

Cafe scene status: I worked last night and decided to come in my Audrey garb just in case there was time to shoot between waves of customers; I actually got a lot done. Another Notes app report:

"first day filming at work— WILD feeling: i’m in my full audrey costume, name tag and all, and a very pretty customer who got a hot peppermint tea (her name was chrissy) said 'thank you, audrey' at the end of her order. for a second i had a weird existential panic like 'wait AM i audrey???? am i now living in the movie of my own invention??' before I remembered that I look like this

I’m on my 15 minute break and doing an initial footage review— honestly, I like how this is turning out."

Later, I wrote the following:

"remaining shot list
- milk in walk-in thing*
- bake case
- version of cashiering where i’m not wearing a mask :/
- version of VSCCB pour where my name isn’t in aggressive all-caps
- veda, obviously"

*That'll make sense if/when you see it


My coworker Gigi providing top-notch production assistance

Aforementioned credit cup of Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew (that I'd like to redo with a less angry-looking "TESS SEGAL")

Car scene editingggggg :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Omniscient robot assistant, play "I Know the End" by Phoebe Bridgers

Final bow. See my CCR on Drive. Matcha love. <3