Friday, March 11, 2022

Any spring break plans?

Brief check-in to report that I have an extremely loose shooting schedule.

I’m committing to a spring break shoot, mostly so that I can film during daylight hours. Really, the only complicating factor is that it’s set at my place of employment (the fictional café at which Audrey works will be set as the real café at which I work). That’s a licensed Starbucks location inside a Barnes & Noble bookstore, meaning I have a café manager (from whom I’ve already gotten permission to film) in addition to a whole-store manager. I need to ask the latter whether I’m allowed to be behind the counter if I’m not on the schedule. That means my options are as follows.

If it can/must be while I’m working:

  • Tuesday the 22nd (my closing shift w/ J.P.)
  • Thursday the 24th (my closing shift w/ J.P.and J.L.)

If it can/must be while I’m not working:

  • Sunday the 20th (probably during A.L.R. and A.R.’s closing shift)
  • Friday the 25th (based on who’s working that day, any time works)

Given that I started this by saying it’s better to shoot in daylight, Friday the 25th is my preferred option (being the only non-closing shift), but I’ll take what I can get.

That’s all just the café part, though— I want to shoot the car scene as soon as possible to give myself plenty of editing time. Because the set is mobile and the entire cast & crew is one person, it shouldn’t be too hard to coordinate. Somewhat arbitrarily, I’m aiming for Friday the 18th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Omniscient robot assistant, play "I Know the End" by Phoebe Bridgers

Final bow. See my CCR on Drive. Matcha love. <3